As many of you might know, you can calculate your stride length when running and walking and input this in your profile to make your Fitbit data even more personalized and increase the accuracy to include variances based on your walking pattern.
Here’s a quick how-to:
- Step 1: Find a known distance to walk – use the road, your yard, or the local track.
- Step 2: Set your Fitbit for a “trip” by depressing the Fitbit Tracker button until “Start” appears on the display and walk the known distance at your normal pace. Depress the button again at the end of the known distance until “Stop” appears on the display, and record the number of steps [note: if you haven’t yet received your Fitbit, you can manually count your steps]
- Step 3: Repeat Step 2, but this time, do so while running at your normal running pace.
- Step 4: Divide the number of feet walked or run by the number of steps. Feet/steps = Step length in feet.
- Step 5: Enter the results into the “Edit Profile” section on Fitbit
That’s it, you’ll get an even more accurate and personalize picture of your daily steps!