Looking to lose & keep the weight off? Try food logging!
Who wouldn’t want to lose weight more quickly, and have a better chance of keeping it off?
It’s as simple as keeping a food log.
Research such as a study from the American Journal of Preventive Medicine, shows that keeping a food log on a regular and consistent basis was a key factor in weight loss. Accountability and awareness were determined to be two of the key factors. Just as the display on the Fitbit Tracker does for activity – motivating you to increased levels with the ability to “gut check” yourself throughout the day.
We all know that food logging takes time, so we’ve added features (and look for more in the future!) to make food logging easier than ever.
A few of the ways we try to make food logging easier for you:
- We have a database of over 85,000 foods, and we’re adding more all the time, so it’s easy to find the exact food you were looking for. Don’t see it? Add it to our Food Suggestions Forum or add the nutrition information directly from the label by choosing “Add New Food” and we’ll add it for you.
- Make it a favorite! If you are anything like me, you might have a tendency to eat the same foods fairly consistently. Make a logged food a favorite by starring it and it’ll be at your fingertips every time you log food. Right now, I need coffee.
- If you are really consistent, create a meal and add instantly. Banana, coffee and peanut butter bagel every morning? No problem. Add it with the click of a mouse.
- Type ahead. Give us the first few characters of a food, and we’ll show you an array of choices to get you started.
- Logging all your food at the end of the day? You can easily drag & drop foods between meals if you forget to use the drop down.
- And don’t forget to fill your water glass!