05/13/2015 by | 11 Comments
This Saturday, May 16th, is Fitbit Goal Day, and we’re not just asking you to beat your personal best step day – we’re asking you to crush it. So in between you getting out there and getting in steps however you’ve planned to, here are just a few ways to up your count just a little more.
- Park further away. Hopefully you’ll be walking instead of driving as much as possible, but if you do take the car, park further away than you normally would. You’ll be giving yourself some extra steps AND saving yourself the stress of circling the parking lot, trying to find a convenient spot.
- Step while doing chores. There are a lot of ways to turn housework into exercise. You can get more steps in by putting laundry or dishes away one at a time, stepping in place while you dust or cook, or simply deciding it’s time to vacuum instead of taking a break.
- Take a longer route to the bathroom. Whether you’re out at the mall or home relaxing after a long day of walking, take a detour during bathroom breaks to add in a few extra steps.
- Walk/run in place while watching TV. We all need time to relax, but rather than stay on the couch during TV time, get up this Saturday and walk in place while you catch up on your favorite show. If you’re up for a bigger challenge, run in place during the commercials.
- Take the stairs. Rather than wait for an elevator, go and look for the stairs instead. You’ll get more steps while looking for them as well as going up. If no stairs are in sight, you can walk up an escalator instead and get more steps than you otherwise would have.
- Pace the room at the end of the day. If you’re close to reaching your goal but not quite there, don’t give up! Get up and start pacing until you have enough steps, and don’t let yourself sit down until you do.
Let us know what your plans are for Saturday – and how many of the above you already do on a regular basis – in the comments!