If you’re like me, you’re trying to “eat clean” by cutting out processed and refined foods—no more breakfasts from a box for me! These Paleo Pancakes are the perfect alternative to cereal. They’re quick, easy, and won’t slow you down. To up the nutrient impact, top these tasty cakes with unsweetened applesauce, Greek yogurt, berries, or sliced bananas.
- 2 large Eggs (preferably free-range, organic)
- 3½ tbsp. Almond Butter
- 5 tbsp Puréed Yams (steam yams, then blend)
- ½ tsp. Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp. Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 cup Apples, diced
- 2 packets Stevia
- In a food processor or blender, combine all ingredients, except apple and coconut oil. Blend until mixture becomes a smooth batter.
- Add coconut oil to a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Fold apple chucks into the batter and pour into the pan, making two pancakes.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until bubbles form in the middle of the pancakes; then flip.
- Serve hot.
This information is for educational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for medical diagnosis or treatment. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat a health problem or condition. Always check with your doctor before changing your diet, altering your sleep habits, taking supplements, or starting a new fitness routine.