Windows fans, we’ve heard you loud and clear and we’re proud that Fitbit is the first to offer mobile fitness syncing to the Windows Phone platform. If you’re a Windows Phone 8.1 user, you now have instant access to up-to-date stats from any Fitbit tracker. The new Fitbit app for Windows Phone 8.1 also features Live Tiles – Microsoft’s Start screen app experience that provides up-to-date content and notifications at a glance – so you can track your steps and to your daily goals, all without opening the Fitbit app.
In addition to real-time stat syncing, you can also quickly log fitness and nutrition data and set or manage personal goals directly from the app. All the Fitbit app staples are included: notifications, achievement badges and leaderboards, letting you cheer, taunt and direct message friends within the app for a little friendly competition.
Here is the full list of features of the new Windows app:
- Real-time stats: Automatic and wireless syncing for all Fitbit activity and sleep trackers through Bluetooth 4.0
- Fitbit on your Start screen: Pin the Fitbit Live Tile to your Start screen and quickly view your step count
- Stay on track: Real-time and historical stats in easy-to-understand graphs, to help track progress and set goals
- Log more than activity: Recently enhanced food database of more than 350,000 foods with accurate nutritional data for faster, better food-logging and calorie coaching
- Get motivated: Fitbit’s motivational social tools like notifications and badges, to help reach target goals
- Stay social: Ability to challenge friends and family with leaderboards, direct messages, cheers and taunts
We’re very happy to support the top three leading mobile platforms with direct sync, so now you can choose the device you want to use with your Fitbit product.
This article is not intended to substitute for informed medical advice. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat a health problem or condition. Always check with your doctor before changing your diet, altering your sleep habits, taking supplements, or starting a new fitness routine.