Quinoa is an incredibly versatile grain that packs a ton of protein and amino acids. It contains twice as much fiber as many other grains while also supplying a wide range of vitamins. Make a big batch at the beginning of the week and incorporate it into breakfasts, lunches, and dinners for days to come. Or try this easy breakfast recipe.
- 1/2 cup organic quinoa, rinsed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk (or milk alternative)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of roasted nuts
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- Honey to taste
- Bring water to a boil. Add quinoa and reduce heat to simmer for 7 to 10 minutes, or until grains begins to soften.
- Add milk, cinnamon, and ginger (option). Continue to simmer for another 12 to 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- When quinoa has finished cooking, add additional milk to your taste preference as you would with oatmeal.
- Sprinkle with nuts,strawberries, and honey.
What is your favorite way to eat quinoa? Have you tried it for breakfast? Share in the comments below!
This information is for educational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for medical diagnosis or treatment. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat a health problem or condition. Always check with your doctor before changing your diet, altering your sleep habits, taking supplements, or starting a new fitness routine.