Want to tell the world you just finished an epic sweat session? Good news: sharing your fitness achievements with friends just got easier. Thanks to the new Exercising Sharing feature in the Fitbit app, now you can share a view or a selfie when you get your fit on.
Exercise Sharing allows you to tell your friends and followers about your workout on any social network you’ve got on your smartphone, such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, or via text or email. Your workout stats (think: mileage, steps taken, and even average heart rate, if you’re a Fitbit Charge HR or Fitbit Surge user) will be overlayed onto the photo of your choice—and then it’s up to you to share, share, share!
Here’s how to share your exercise today:
- Automatically record a workout with your Fitbit tracker, or log one manually.
- At the end of your workout, open the Fitbit app on your phone.
- Go to “Track Exercise” in your app dashboard.
- Select the workout you’d like to share, and then tap the share icon in the top right-hand corner.
- Snap a picture, or choose one from your camera roll.
- Follow the prompts to share your workout photo on the social network of your choice.
The Exercise Sharing feature is now available on iOS, Android, and Windows Phones. Give it a try and let us know your thoughts in the comments!
This article is not intended to substitute for informed medical advice. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat a health problem or condition. Always check with your doctor before changing your diet, altering your sleep habits, taking supplements, or starting a new fitness routine.